KAHULUI – The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) announces the addition of cameras covering three new Central Maui intersections to its GoAkamai system. The new cameras cover the intersections of Kuihelani Highway/Airport Access Road and Puunene Avenue/Maui Veterans Highway; Airport Access Road and Dairy Road/Pakaula Street; and, Hana Highway and Dairy Road.
Maui GoAkamai cameras can be accessed through GoAkamai.org by selecting the Cameras tab and choosing Maui in the ‘Camera Tour Name’ menu.
The GoAkamai camera network is meant to serve as a source for live traffic information for travelers to help them plan their daily commutes and improve their quality of life. The three new Maui cameras join the 11 cameras that were connected to GoAkamai in September 2019.
The full list of Maui cameras is:
- Kuihelani Hwy / Puunene Ave / Airport Access Rd / Maui Veterans Hwy
- Airport Access Rd at Dairy Rd and Pakaula St
- Hana Hwy at Dairy Rd
- Haleakala Highway and Hana Highway
- Honoapiilani Highway and North Kihei Road
- Airport Access Road and Hana Highway
- Piilani Highway and Piikea Street
- Kaahumanu Avenue and Kahului Beach Road
- Hana Hwy and Baldwin Avenue
- Haleakala Highway and Kula Highway
- Lahaina Bypass and Ka Hele Ku Street
- Honoapiilani Highway and Keawe Street
- Piilani Highway and North Kihei Road
- Piilani Highway and Lipoa Street
HDOT thanks the community and its partners for their patience and support as we continue to improve our traveler information and Intelligent Transportation Systems. Improvements such as the addition of these cameras continue to advance our ability to manage our systems and respond to traffic conditions as they happen.
Source: Hawaii DMV