The following DC Public Libraries will be open on Monday, January 20:
All DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) administrative offices, recreation/community centers, and indoor aquatic facilities will be closed on Monday, January 20.
- All grass fields are closed for the winter season until Sunday, March 15, 2020.
- All synthetic fields, playgrounds, tennis courts, and basketball courts will remain open.
- All previously-permitted events will take place as scheduled.
The District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) will be closed on January 20, and construction in the District will be prohibited.
Street Construction, Lane Restrictions, Parking, and Enforcement
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) has made the following service changes listed below:
- DDOT will not apply reversible lane operations on Monday, January 20. Reversible lane operations will resume on Tuesday, January 21.
- Work will be suspended in the District on January 20. Lane closures and work zones will not be allowed unless emergency work is being performed. This includes manhole access and construction-related deliveries.
- Parking meters will not be in effect on January 20.
- Residential parking and rush hour lane restrictions will not be enforced on January 20. Parking enforcement will resume on January 21.
- DPW will enforce streetcar parking restrictions along the H Street/Benning Road, NE corridor. “Blocked” streetcar parking enforcement is daily, including weekends and holidays along H Street and Benning Road, NE, between 3rd Street and Oklahoma Avenue, NE. On holidays, enforcement is between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Hypothermia Alert and Shelters
Hypothermia alerts are activated when the National Weather Service forecasted temperature, including wind chill, is or will be 32°F or below; or, when the temperature is forecasted to be 40°F or below, and the forecasted chance of precipitation is 50% or greater.
The Downtown Daytime Services Center (1313 New York Avenue, NW) will be open on Monday, January 20, from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Hypothermia Shelters are open from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. anytime a Hypothermia Alert is called, except in recreation centers, where, due to previously scheduled programming, the shelter opens at 9:00 p.m.
- Banneker Recreation Center at 2500 Georgia Avenue, NW (Monday – Friday; 9:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.)
- Kennedy Recreation Center at 1401 7th Street, NW (Monday – Friday; 9:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.)
- Salvation Army at 3335 Sherman Avenue, NW
- CCNV Drop-In Center at 425 D Street, NW
- New Covenant Baptist at 1301 W Street, SE
- Sherwood Recreation Center at 640 10th Street, NE (Monday – Friday; 9:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.)
- Community of Christ at 3526 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Seasonal Shelters are open daily from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., through March 31, 2020:
- King Greenleaf Recreation Center at 201 N Street, SW
- Malcolm X Recreation Center (Co-Ed) at 1351 Alabama Avenue, SE
Low-Barrier Shelters for individuals operate year-round and will be open 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. If a Hypothermia Alert is issued, all shelters are open all day and will remain open during the extent of the Hypothermia Alert.
- New York Avenue Shelter at 1355 New York Avenue, NE
- 801 East Shelter at 801 Making Life Better Lane, SE
- Adams Place Emergency Shelter at 2210 Adams Place, NE
- Saint Josephine Bakhita at 6010 Georgia Avenue, NW (Opens at 7:00 p.m.)
- Harriet Tubman at 1900 Massachusetts Avenue, SE Building #2
- Patricia Handy Place for Women at 810 5th Street, NW
Transportation to shelter is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you see someone outside in need of shelter or a welfare check, call the Shelter Hotline at (202) 399-7093 or dial 311. If there is an immediate risk to safety call 911. When calling, please include the time, the address or location of the sighting, and a description of the person’s appearance.
Families seeking emergency shelter can call the DC Shelter Hotline at (202) 399-7093 or 311 at any time day or night. Families may also visit the Virginia Williams Family Resource Center at 920 Rhode Island Avenue, NE, Monday through Thursday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., and Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. The Center is closed on Federal holidays.
All Department of Human Services (DHS) Economic Security Administration Service Centers will be closed for the holiday.
The DHS Call Center will be closed for the holiday.
The Virginia Williams Family Resource Center will be closed on January 20, 2020.
The Adams Place Day Center is closed on January 20, 2020.
Source: DC DMV