AMES, Iowa – Jan. 14, 2020 – Today, the Iowa Transportation Commission approved $1,383,485 in total funding for five federal Recreational Trails Program projects. The federal Recreational Trails Program was created in 1991 for the purpose of developing and maintaining recreational trails and trail-related facilities for both motorized and nonmotorized trail users. This funding is available to cities, counties, state and federal agencies, and private organizations through an annual application-based program.
The projects and approved funding amounts are listed below.
- Bluff Creek OHV Park Bridge Replacements (Iowa Department of Natural Resources) – $326,560
- Cedar Valley Nature Trail-Phase 5, Segment 2 (Linn County Conservation Board) – $500,000
- Raccoon River Valley Trail to High Trestle Trail Connector Phase IV (Dallas County Conservation Board) – $328,175
- Support for Program and Bicycle Summit (Iowa Department of Transportation) – $7,000
- Tatonka Ska Trace Rail Trail Phase IV(a) (Dickinson County Trails Board) – $221,750
Contact: Craig Markley at 515-239-1027 or email@example.com
Source: iowa DMV