Several intersections on Idaho 55 will be closed beginning Oct. 1. Construction crews are placing concrete gutters along the roadway. Access at each intersection’s will remain closed for 2-3 days (weather permitting) while the concrete hardens.
What to expect:
- All work will be done during daytime hours.
- Work is anticipated to take approximately two weeks to complete (weather permitting).
- Work will be conducted between Bruneau Hwy. to Edwards St. on the north; Bruneau Hwy. to 9th St. on the south.
- Side streets will be closed to all traffic while work is being done and while concrete hardens. Closures will be staggered.
- Major intersections will be reduced down to one lane, but will remain open at all times. Steel plates will be placed over the gutter work while concrete hardens.
Flaggers will assist with the gutter operations at the major intersections.
The contractor will be placing the next set of girders tonight, Oct. 1. What to expect:
- ID-55 and the Snake River Bridge will be closed for up to 30 minutes each time one of the girders are being placed.
- Sunny Slope Road southbound will be reduced to one lane between Lowell and True roads. The lanes will be restricted from noon to 2:00 am each night to stage the bridge girders.
- Work will generally be done between 10:00 pm and 2:00 am.
- The work will be noisy.
Source: Idaho DMV