King Kamehameha Day schedule and traffic advisory
HONOLULU – The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) informs Oahu and Kauai motorists of traffic advisories for King Kamehameha Day, on Tuesday, June 11, 2019. There will be no daytime road construction scheduled statewide in observance of King Kamehameha Day, with the exception of permitted work on Kauai. Morning and afternoon contraflows will be closed on the state holiday, except for the following:
- The Pali Highway contraflow will be open between Kamehameha Highway and Waokanaka Street during the following times:
- Honolulu-bound traffic will be contraflowed from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Kaneohe-bound traffic will be contraflowed from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Zipper Lane will be open in the eastbound direction from Managers Drive to the Keehi Interchange from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- The Nimitz Highway contraflow will be open in the eastbound direction from the Keehi Interchange to the beginning of the industrial parkway from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Limited local access on Kuhio Highway (Route 560) from Waipa to Wainiha will be operating on the Monday through Saturday schedule from:
- 5:30 a.m. – 8:20 a.m.
- 12:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
If work is finished early, the road will be opened early on the Sunday/Holiday schedule from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. For more information on the Kuhio Highway emergency repairs, please view the HDOT website at https://hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/2018-kuhio-highway-emergency-repairs/.
- Alternating lane closure on Kuhio Highway (Route 560) in the southbound direction between Kalihiwai Road and Kahiliholo Road at the Kalihiwai Bridge on Sunday night, June 9, through Friday morning, June 14, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., for bridge inspection work.
HDOT advises motorists to plan ahead and allow for extra travel time to get to their destinations. HDOT advises motorists to use traffic apps like GoAkamai to view up to the minute traffic conditions before getting on the road
Source: Hawaii DMV